2 Feb 2010

Fashion and the Environment


I took a walk along the river Thames yesterday to the MA show of the new Fashion and the Environment course run by LCF. It is the first year that this course has run and what I success! Innovation and imagination were in abundance, barriers were broken down and serious issues were addressed in an aesthetically stimulating and thought provoking way. Pleating for insulation, zero waste folding, garments with emotional memories, friendly production techniques and sustainable knit wear. It is encouraging in a world where sustainability is still not the norm...to see students graduating with the skills and knowledge to filter into the fashion system and create a positive change within the industry. When I walked back along the river on my way to the studio I felt part of a movement of creative individuals who are generating change whilst making beautiful fashions! What allot of inspiration for Monday lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment