18 Oct 2010

My London art week







This last week I have been treated to some beautiful art that has visually nourished and stimulated the very bones of me! I was first at the opening of 'And then there was....' at Salon Vert near Regents park to see five wonderful artists show their work, some lit up the room, some were stuck onto the side of the room (see brown tape cityscape above) , some painted onto the actual room and some brought the room to a standstill when it was knocked over with the loudest thunderous bang...not once but THREE times! and I am glad to say I wasn't responsible for any! A beautiful show, in a beautiful house by beautiful people!

I was then drawn to the opposite end of the London world, to a disused office block in Elephant and Castle, taken over by ASC and rented out to lots and lots of AMAZING makers, designers and artists. I went to see the work of Chris Eales a friend and very talented illustrator and animator, and was drawn in to many more open studios among the nine floors of creative space. Moving sculptures, depressed hamsters, felt tip drawings, pleating mania and nap corners, all made me warm with an enriched view of my home town. Thanks.x

No comments:

Post a Comment