28 Jan 2011

ACID NATURALS







I openly admit to being a bit of a hard core colour junkie, I just can't help myself! A wold without colour is no world for me. But it is nice to come across these colours in the wild... these were found in a windswept front garden in Lerwick port in the Shetland Islands last year, and have influenced my colour story for these three new hand woven pieces. When people refer to 'natural colour pallets' it usually means beige beige beige.... but no, not me! This is my Natural collection! To follow will be 'Shetland Harbour' with graphic, utilitarian, industrial tones, and ' Dry stone wall' with accents of moss, lichens and barnacles.

And is it just me, or does my loom look happy? Maybe it's a colour junkie too?!

2 comments:

  1. These fabrics are wonderful. I love mesembryanthanums (I think that's how you spell it) - one of my favourite flowers, the colours remind me of fairy satin sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooo thanks for putting a name to these wild little flower powers!

    ReplyDelete