7 May 2012

Construction Experiments

This weekend I have been on a technical weaving workshop with Margo Selby in her Bloomsbury studio,  developing some techniques to push my weaving further structurally, whilst keeping my sense of fun, colour and pattern. I created some truly scrumptious samples which I will be developing into ideas for future products. Just about the best thing I could do on a bank holiday weekend I think. I've been working on deflected double cloths, point and block threading and working with many new yarns that are a move away from the lambswool, cashmere and merino yarns I'm used to. Really enjoyed having time to experiment and explore different constructions. I will always love my block-y double cloth but it's great to work with other constructions to make new textures shapes, repeats and combinations. Looking forward to continuing to develop these next week with a new warp in some very special 100% British wool I am lucky enough to have!